Chicken Breast with Black Olive Stuffing
photo by Bergy
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups herb-seasoned stuffing cubes, ready made stuffing mix
- 1 (2 ounce) can black olives, sliced
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard or 2 tablespoons honey dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 4 bone in skinless chicken breasts
- hungarian hot paprika (optional)
- Melt the butter and saute the onions until tender, stir occasionally apprx 6 minutes.
- Add Broth, bring to a simmer& remove from heat.
- Add stuffing mix& Olives, Toss well.
- In a greased 13x9" baking dish spoon in 4 mounds of the stuffing.
- Pat them down a little.
- Mix together the mustard, thyme& garlic then spread it over the 4 breasts.
- Place a breast over each mound of stuffing, cover each mound completely.
- Sprinkle chicken with paprika if desired Bake in 375F over for 40 minutes uncovered or until the breasts are done.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
On January 10 2010 I will celebrate 9 years of Life with Zaar. I can't imagine being without it! It has become part of my daily routine. I feel very privileged to be one of the hosts on the Photo Forum. Taking photos of my culinary efforts is a full time hobby and I love it. My friends all know what to expect when they come to dinner "Are you finished taking pictures?" or "Did you get a photo of so & so?" I never let them wait too long and the food is NEVER cold! I now have over 6000 photos on Zaar - some fairly good and some definitely not so good. I am happy to say that practice does help. My roots are in Vancouver BC Canada - a very beautiful city that holds many wonderful memories for me. In 1990, I decided that for my retirement years I may want to settle in a smaller community and found a slice of heaven in the North Okanagan B.C. I love living here but every once in a while I miss the bright city lights, the Broadway shows and some of the small wonderful ethnic restaurants that Vancouver abounds in. That is easily resolved. I just take a trip to the coast, visit with friends for a weekend see a show and feast on Dim Sum or other specialty foods. I am getting a bit long in the tooth but was a very adventurous person. I have river rafted Hell's Gate on the Fraser river, been up in a glider over Hawaii (no not a Hang Glider!), gone hot air ballooning in the Napa Valley & the Fraser Valley, driven dune buggies on the dunes in Oregon, Para sailing in Mexico and tried many other adventurous, challenging, fun things. I have yet to try bungee jumping or sky diving. I may do them yet. I love to travel and experience other cultures. Mexco has been a favorite haunt. I have visited that lovely country many many times. Australia is another favorite as is England! In the past 16 months I have taken off 61 pounds and feel wonderful. I am off all medications and all systems are GO! In years I may be 79 but in spirit I am still in my forties. We are only as old as we allow ourselves to feel. Always think positive. Do something a bit challenging every day & always do something silly every day. Be a kid again! Laugh every day - it is internal jogging. Here are a few of my photos <embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" allowNetworking="all" allowFullscreen="true" src="http://w615.photobucket.com/pbwidget.swf?pbwurl=http://w615.photobucket.com/albums/tt233/Bergylicious/ABM slideshow/d95d7a18.pbw" height="360" width="480">