Chicken and Broccoli Braid
photo by Anonymous
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 1 whole chicken breast (cooked & chopped)
- 1 cup broccoli floret (cooked some and chopped coarse)
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- salt & pepper
- 2 (8 ounce) packages crescent rolls
- Mix the cut up chicken, broccoli, cheese, mayonnaise, salt, and pepper together.
- Unroll rolls; lay crosswise across a baking sheet.
- Press seams together.
- Put mixture down the center.
- Cut both side edges 1 1/2" apart and 3" deep.
- Twist each and secure across the middle of the filling; this becomes the braid.
- Tuck ends under.
- Bake 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was a great recipe. I made a few changes (for good reasons) I substituted mayo for cream of mushroom (husband not able to eat mayo). I also only had 1 pkg of crecents... so i just put them on top of the mixture and baked them in the oven like that. it wasn't a braid. :-) But it was still really good. We'll definately be making this again.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>John 3:3 <br />Psalm 91 <br /><br />We are born-again Christians and love the Lord Jesus Christ with all our being.? We attend a small Christian and Missionary Alliance church in our town.? <a href=http://www.cmalliance.org>http://www.cmalliance.org</a><br /><br />My family consists of my husband who was a microbiologist but is now retired, two children (daughter and son), four grandchildren, and soon to be two great grandchildren, a girl and a boy. I homeschooled my oldest granddaughter up to a senior in high school. She is now 29 years old. My oldest grandson, who is now 25; my youngest grandson, age 20; my youngest granddaughter is in seventh-grade. Our oldest granddaughter blessed us with our first great granddaughter and soon to be great grandson.? She is the cutest little one.? I love them all. <br /><br />Hosta is my favorite plant, the only plant I own. I now have 123 varieties and they all have names. I add to them each year. I love to do cross stitch, paint, scrapbook, and rubber stamping. <br /><br />I have a rare genetic lung disase called Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency (Type ZZ) that most people have not even heard about. Most doctors may have heard of it but don't know an awful lot about it and so many times it goes misdiagnosed. Feel free to z-mail me if you want to know more about it or go to the website?<a href=http://www.alphaone.org/>http://www.alphaone.org/</a></p>