Chewy Orange Macaroons
this uses the whole egg, and is not your regular cookie. It is soft and chewy inside and crispy outside,
- Ready In:
- 1 egg
- 2⁄3 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 2 1⁄2 cups unsweetened dried shredded coconut
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In your mixer bowl and using the whip beater ( balloon whisk).
- beat the whole egg until thick and light.
- Add in the sugar gradually a little at a time.
- Add the vanilla and orange zest.
- Beat until thick light and fluffy.
- Remove bowl, and fold in the coconut.
- Drop heaping teaspoonfuls onto the parchment making high mounds, and space about 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Turn off heat.
- Leave in the oven for 10 more minutes, letting them dry more.
- Remove and let completely cool.
- Store in a tin container airtight.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation