- Ready In:
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1⁄2 cup grated coconut
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 lb confectioners' sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- For the crust: Mix together first 5 ingredients with a fork.
- Press into the bottom of a 9 X 13 inch dish.
- For the filling: Mix together eggs and cream cheese until smooth.
- Add in confectioners sugar.
- Spread over crust mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Leave a little wet in the center and be careful not to over bake this.
- Let cool and cut into squares.
- For best results, store in the refrigerator.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is a good one, sort of reminded me of cheescake, next time I make it I'll add some lemon zest, think it would compliment the bars, my only complaint is when they were stored at room temp., they remained too soft, too sticky to be a finger food, when stored in the 'fridge they were more to our liking.