photo by singingaccordionist
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 3 cups flour
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- powdered sugar
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- Cream butter thoroughly.
- Add sugar and beat well.
- Add eggs, one at a time, and vanilla.
- Sift flour with baking powder and salt.
- Add sifted dry ingredients gradually, beating well.
- Spread on a large 11x17 inch greased pan, saving a little more than a cup of batter on the side.
- Add almond extract to cherry pie filling, then spread filling to within half an inch from edge of pan.
- Place remaining dough by spoonfuls over filling.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes.
- When cool, sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Cut into slices or squares before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
How wonderful this is! It smelled great baking and I could hardly wait for dessert. DH and I both enjoyed it. I used a 20 oz can of pie filling and we thought it could use an extra 1/2-1 can of filling. Largest dish I had was a 9x13-inch, which did work but this would work better in the larger dish. (Now, I'll have to go shopping.) Thanks for an easy, tasty dessert.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Me and my boyfriend have been together for 11 years now. We live on 40 acres and have 6 dogs and 4 Tennessee Walkers. We both work a lot of hours so there is never enough time in a day to get everything done. I absolutely love the outdoors. I also enjoy lifting weights, reading and playing with all of my beautiful animals. I absolutely love, love and love to cook. I like to cook a variety of things and also like love to bake. I like to just get in the kitchen and experiment with different things. If something does not turn out for me such as pie crust or gravy I will keep trying until I can make it work. Only problem is, when I finally make it work it may not work again the time after that. It is fun though and I do consider myself a pretty good cook for the most part. I also love slow cooker recipes. Those are my most favorite in the winter months.