Cherry Plum Preserves "Jam & Jelly "
photo by Rita1652
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
6 1/2 pints
- 3 tablespoons pectin
- 1 lb plum, seeds removed quickly pulse to puree but leave chunky
- 1 lb frozen cherries, defrosted
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla sugar (http -- or /www.food.com or recipe or flavored-sugar-or-splenda-53926)
- Place pectin in the bottom of the jam & jelly maker.
- Top with fruit, butter, lemon juice.
- Set for jam.then enter.
- Wait 4 minutes when beeps gradually add sugar.
- Place lid on.
- When done press cancel and unplug appliance.
- Preserve water canning method.
- Fill Sterilized jars leaving 1/4 inch headspace.
- Wipe rims and place lids and rings.
- Place in hot water bath and process for 10 minutes. Turn off heat and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Place at room temperature for 12 - 24 hours.
- Check lids. and store for up to 1 years.
- Any unsealed jar can be placed in the refrigerator for 3 month. LOL like it`ll last that long. ;).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!