Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes
photo by bidness44
- Ready In:
- 1⁄3 cup butter, plus
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 dashes pepper
- 1 teaspoon A.1. Original Sauce
- 6 -7 medium potatoes
- 3 -4 cups cheddar & colby-monterey jack cheese
- Melt butter. Add flour and stir while cooking over low heat until golden brown.
- Add milk. Stir until thickened. If necessary, add more milk.
- Add dry mustard, A-1, salt, and pepper. Stir well. Reduce heat to low.
- Peel and slice potatoes into thin, even ovals.
- Lay into a greased or pammed 10×13 pan. Pour sauce over potatoes.
- You may not need it all. Reserve extra for mac-n-cheese tomorrow.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese over top.
- Bake at 350 for 35-45 minutes, or until potatoes are tender and everything is melted and delicious.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!