Cheesy Potato Soup With Ham
photo by Karen R.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 cup carrot, diced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 4 cups potatoes, diced
- 2 cups ham, diced (Hormel Cure 81 is best)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 3⁄4 cups half-and-half
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Melt butter in large saucepan.
- Add celery, onion, and carrot. Saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, potatoes, ham, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for about 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Remove about 1 or 2 cups of vegetables, mash and return to pan.
- Whisk half and half with sour cream. Slowly add to soup mixture.
- Stir in cheddar cheese until melted. Turn heat to low, cover and allow soup to sit for about 5 minutes more until slightly thickened.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!