Cheesy Garlic Breadsticks
photo by LittleMissBaker
- Ready In:
- 1hr 42mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups warm water
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons yeast
- 1 lb bread flour
- 1⁄4 cup powdered milk
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 4 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- Heat water to 105-110 degrees farenhight, add yeast and proof.
- Combine flour, powdered milk, sugar, and olive oil in a bowl.
- Split 1 1/2 cups of grated cheddar cheese in two. Place one half of the cheese in the flour mixture and the other half in a separate bowl.
- In a standing mixer place flour mixture and proofed yeast. Mix on low speed for about 5-8 minutes.
- Form into a ball and let rise for 1 hour.
- Add 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese to the the other half of the cheddar cheese. Then add the panko bread crumbs, sesame seeds and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl add melted butter and minced garlic. let stand for at least 30 minutes to let garlic flavor incorporate with the butter.
- After dough has risen (doubled in size) split into 32 pieces, and roll out into breadstick shape.
- Take one of the breadsticks a with a pastry brush, brush with the melted butter and garlic. Then roll into the breadcrumbs and cheese mixture.
- Place on a pan and repeat with the remaining sticks.
- Place in a 400 degree oven for about 11-12 minutes, or until golden brown. ENJOY!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!