Cheesy Eggplant-Crusted Pizza
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
See video at http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/wd-cheesy-eggplant-crust-pizza
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 1 large eggplant, cut into 1/4-in . slices
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 6 ounces parmesan cheese, grated (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded (about 1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil leaf
- Place pizza stone in oven. Preheat oven to 425°F (do not remove pizza stone while oven preheats).
- Place eggplant slices in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with paper towels.
- Sprinkle eggplant evenly with salt. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Pat eggplant slices dry, and arrange in an overlapping circular pattern on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle eggplant evenly with 1 cup of the Parmesan, making sure Parmesan fills any space between slices.
- Transfer eggplant slices on parchment to preheated pizza stone.
- Bake in preheated oven until golden, about 15 minutes.
- Stir together oil and garlic in a small bowl; set aside.
- Carefully slide eggplant crust on parchment off pizza stone onto baking sheet.
- Place a second baking sheet on eggplant crust, and invert, releasing eggplant crust from parchment.
- Sprinkle eggplant crust evenly with remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan, making sure Parmesan fills any space between slices.
- Return eggplant crust to parchment, and place on pizza stone.
- Bake at 425°F until golden and slightly crispy, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove crust from oven, and increase oven temperature to 450°F.
- Lightly brush crust evenly with garlic oil.
- Top evenly with mozzarella and feta.
- Dollop teaspoonfuls of ricotta over pizza.
- Sprinkle pizza evenly with red pepper.
- Bake at 450°F until cheese is melted and lightly browned, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Top evenly with basil leaves.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION