Cheese and Bacon Pitas
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Cheesy Pasty shaped folded pitas with added bacon
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 200 g red leicester cheese, grated
- 100 g unsmoked bacon, shredded
- 500 g whole wheat bread flour
- 3 teaspoons dried yeast
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 250 ml warm water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons oil
- Grill Bacon and mix with grated cheese.
- Heat oven to 210 degrees centigrade.
- Put Yeast, sugar and a third of the flour in a mixing bowl.
- Add water and mix with a wooden spoon, leave for 20 minutes.
- Add remainder of flour, salt and oil.
- Mix with fingers, when dough-like turn out onto an oiled surface.
- Knead for 5 minutes.
- Cover with a damp cloth and prove in a warm place for 20 minutes.
- Divide into 8 pieces and roll out into oval shaped breads (20cm long and 10cm wide approx.) on a floured surface.
- Fill each pita with a small handful of the cheese and bacon mixture fold in half and seal by pinching the edges
- Lightly flour 2 baking sheets, place pittas on them, cover and prove for a further 10 mins
- Sprinkle pittas with flour.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION