Cheddar Cheese Pecan Log
- Ready In:
1 12-inch log
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, room teparature
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic, finely minced
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup pecans, chopped, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup fresh chives, minced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh Italian parsley, finely minced
- Place the cream cheese in a large bowl and, using an electric mixer, beat until soft and creamy.
- Add the milk, cayenne pepper, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, and cheddar cheese.
- Continue to beat just until the ingredients are combined.
- Line an 8 by 12 inch pan with parchment or wax paper, making sure there is a 3 inch overhang at each of the long ends.
- Sprinkle pecans evenly over the paper.
- Drop spoonfuls of the cheese mixture onto the pecans.
- Using a spatula spread the mixture into the pan making sure you reach into the corners.
- Sprinkle with chives and parsley.
- Roll mixture into a tube.
- Slice into 1 inch slices.
- Chill for 4 hours. Serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!