Chart House Spinach Salad
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon sweet pickle relish
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped capers
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- 3 bunches spinach
- 1⁄4 lb bacon, minced
- 1⁄2 small onion, minced
- 1⁄4 lb mushroom, sliced
- Blend vinegar, salt, sugar, mustard, pickle relish and capers.
- Stir in vegetable and olive oils.
- Set dressing aside.
- Shred eggs on medium-size grater.
- Cover and set aside.
- Clean spinach removing tough stems.
- Drain on paper towels and pat dry.
- Place leaves in large bowl.
- Saute bacon until crisp.
- Remove bacon and sprinkle over spinach.
- Add onion and mushrooms to drippings in skillet.
- Saute until tender.
- Stir in 1 cup dressing.
- Bring to boil.
- Pour over spinach and toss.
- Garnish with reserved shredded eggs.
- Serve with additional dressing.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!