Chard & Ricotta Pie
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1 3⁄4 lbs swiss chard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 bunch green onion, cut into 1/4 in clices
- 4 large eggs
- 15 ounces contaimer part-skim ricotta cheese
- 3⁄4 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease 9 1/2 pie plate (use a glass deep-dish).
- Clean chard well. Separate stems from leaves; cut off bottom 2 inches of stems. Slice stems thin and coarsly chop leaves.
- Using a 12 inch skillet, heat oil. When hot, add stems and stirring frequently until browned (about 5 minutes). Add onions, salt and pepper; cook 1 minute. Add leaves and cook about 5 minutes, sitrring frequently until wilted and any water is gone.
- Wisk together in a large bowl the eggs, milk, ricotta, parmesan cheese and cornstarch; then add chard mix.
- Pour into prepared pie plate. Bake 40 minutes or until knife inserted 2 inches from center comes out clean.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!