- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons amchoor powder (dried mango powder)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground black salt
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (white)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper
- Combine all ingredients.
- If necessary, use a mortar and pestle to grind out any lumps.
- Store air-tight until ready to use.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is a nice substitute for readymade chat masala. The only additional thing I do is to lightly roast the cumin seeds before grinding them - this brings out their flavour even more! I omitted the red peppers. For the corriander powder, I used freshly ground corriander seeds - this again brings out the corriander flavour better than using readymade corriander powder. Thank you for sharing!