- 1 lb seafood, sushi grade (shrimp, scallops, whitefish)
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh lime juice
- 2 pickled jalapeno peppers, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tomatoes, skinned, cubed
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh pepper, ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 12 lime wedges
- Clean and rinse fish. Pat dry with clean cloth.
- Remove skin and bones. Shred.
- Shell and devein any seafood that would require it. Place all seafood in casserole dish.
- Cover in lime juice. Refrigerate 2 hours.
- Stir. Refrigerate 2 hours.
- Drain lime juice.
- Mix together jalapenos, onion, oil, tomato, vinegar, salt, pepper, oregano. Stir tomato mixture into fish, coating completely. Refrigerate 3 hours.
- Bring to room temp before serving (about 15 minutes).
- Garnish with lime wedges.
- Variation: Use lemon instead of lime juice.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION