Carrots Sautéed in Bay Leaf
These carrots are easy to make, make variations of, and you control the calories and not to mention they are healthy!
- Ready In:
- 1 cup diagonally sliced carrot
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 6 dried bay leaves or 3 -4 fresh bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons water
- salt (light hand)
- cracked black pepper
- Add oil to large non stick skillet. Swirl to coat.
- Add Bay Leaves to infuse the oil.
- Add carrots and water.
- Partially cover the pan and cook for 10 minutes until carrots are almost tender
- Add salt and pepper to taste, increase heat to medium-high and cook for approximately 4 minutes, until carrots are tender and lightly browned.
- Stir frequently.
- These directions are so easy, they can be adjusted for time, amount of bay leaves, etc.
- I have also used with sage and rosemary. All variations are delicious!
- If you like a softer carrot, cook longer, shorter time for more crunch.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation