Pork in Lettuce Leaf Cups
This dish is perfect to serve up for a dinner party, or just to enjoy with the family.
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 red chili pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 250 g ground pork
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 220 g water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon clear honey
- 2 gem lettuce
- 75 g bean sprouts
- coriander leaves, to garnish
- Heat the oil in a large pan and cook the shallots and garlic for 2 minutes. Add the chilie, pork and five spice and cook for a further 5 minutes. stir in the water chestnuts, fish sauce, soy sauce and honey and warm through gently, stirring until the pork is cooked through. Allow to cool then chill for at least 20 minutes.
- Separate the lettuce leaves and place 12 on a large serving platter. Stir the bean sprouts into the minced pork then spoon into the lettuce leaves. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
These pork cups were enjoyable, but next time I will add another chili, they were surprizingly mild. I left out the bean sprouts, didn't have any in, I don't think it make a lot of difference, they were a good taste without them. Loved the crunch of the water chestnuts and the crisp lettuce. Lettuce wraps/cups are one of our favourite things. We will make these again, thanks for sharing a keeper.Reply
see 1 more