Carribean Lamb Curry
photo by dhuynh
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lamb shoulder, diced
- 6 ounces onions, chopped
- 6 ounces celery, chopped
- 6 ounces carrots, chopped
- 6 ounces potatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 16 ounces beef stock
- 4 ounces coconut milk
- 2 ounces fresh ginger, chopped
- 3 ounces vegetable oil
- 16 ounces water
- Combine flour, curry powder, salt and pepper.
- Toss in flour mixture to step one.
- Saute lamb in hot pan until brown.
- Drain excess fat.
- Add carrots, celery, potatoes and ginger,saute for 2 minutes.
- Add stock and water into pot.
- Simmer meat and vegetables for 1 hour until tender.
- Finish with chopped onions, fresh thyme and coconut milk.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!