Carolina BBQ Pork
- Ready In:
- 10hrs 15mins
20 1/2 cups servings
- 2 onions, quartered
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar substitute
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 lbs boneless pork loin roast
- 3⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- Spray crockpot with non-stick cooking spray. Place onions in crockpot.
- Combine brown sugar substitute, paprika, salt and pepper; rub over roast.
- Place roast over onions.
- Combine vinegar, worcestershire sauce, red pepper flakes, Splenda, mustard, garlic powder and Cayenne; Sir to mix well.
- Drizzle about 1/3 vinegar mixture over roast; cover and refrigerate remaining vinegar mixture.
- Cover crockpot and cook on low 10 to 12 hours or high 4 to 6 hours.
- Drizzle about 1/3 reserved vinegar mixture over roast during last half hour of cooking.
- Remove meat and onions to a plate. Using 2 forks, shred the meat and onions.
- Place them back into crockpot and stir well to mix in any juice in the bottom of the crockpot.
- Serve meat and onions on buns or whatever you choose. If desired, top sandwiches with coleslaw for additional points. Pass remaining vinegar mixture to drizzle over sandwiches (optional).
- Server on buns and coleslaw on top for additional NI.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Other than cutting back on the red pepper flakes & using smoked paprika I made the recipe as directed. I was expecting more flavor, but the problem truly could be my expectations of "BBQ". This was easy to make & the cooking instructions were accurate. I served on buns and with a sauce on the side. Made for Fall '09 Pick A Chef.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/PACsticker-Adopted.jpg Love to cook!!!! I am in the faze of lowering fat and increasing fiber intake so I am modifying allot of my recipes. I love to cook all kinds of foods and try something new once a week.