This carnitas recipe slow cooks in Dutch oven and then broiled in batches, while basted with the liquid to create the juicy, crunchy edges that make you smile. The leftovers can be used to add to huevos rancheros the next morning!
2) Sear over high heat, in batches as so not to crowd, in a small amount of oil until slightly browned.
3) Transfer to dutch oven and bring to a boil. .
4) Cut onion into slices, crush garlic or use minced garlic, open tomatoes, cut and juice limes and measure out chili powder, cumin and oregano.
5) Add line four ingredients along with chicken broth.
6) once boiling, cover and reduce heat to as low of a simmer as possible until pork is fork tender, stirring every 30 minutes or so. .
7) Turn on exhaust fan to make the neighbors jealous. .
8) once pork is fork tender, turn on broiler to high and use a sheet pan with edges to shred the pork. Drizzle a small amount of liquid over the carnitas and sprinkle with salt and pepper as desired and broil for 10-15 minutes. .