Caramel Cheesecake Brownies
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 1 (8 ounce) package brownie mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 (14 ounce) bag caramels (the wrapped squares)
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix together the brownie mix, ONE egg and water in medium bowl.
- Spread mixture into greased 9 x 9 baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- unwrap caramels and place in saucepan with evaporated milk. Stir frequently over low heat until smooth and melted. Pour over brownie crust.
- Beat cream cheese, vanilla, and sugar. Add the 2 remaining eggs and mix well. Pour over caramel.
- Bake 40 minutes, 350 degrees.
- Chill one hour.
- Cut into squares and serve.
- top with additional caramel or chocolate sauce.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I had no problem with this. I used a 1/2 box of Betty Crocker brownie mix (I think it was "rich and creamy", or "chocolate chunk"). I took these to a potluck and was asked for the recipe numerous times. These are very rich so cutting them into small squares is good. I am so glad I found this recipe and this site. I will use both a great deal.
I did not have much luck with these. Then again, I do not do well with recipes consisting of layers prepared and cooked separately, like those Jello desserts with different colored layers. My bottom brownie layer turned out hard and porous like a lava rock! It's probably my fault because I used an 8 x 8 pan and a large box of Brownie mix because I couldn't find the small Jiffy kind.
see 1 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg border=0 alt=Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket>