Caramel Apple Fondue
- Ready In:
- 82 small soft caramel candies (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 3⁄4 cup apple cider
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon brandy (optional)
- 1 dash ground nutmeg
- 2 whole cloves
- 1 (3 inch) cinnamon sticks
- 9 granny smith apples, each cut into 8 wedges (about 4 1/2 pounds)
- Place candies and cider in a medium heavy saucepan over medium heat; cook 12 minutes or until candies melt, stirring frequently. Stir in half-and-half and next 4 ingredients (half-and-half through cinnamon). Reduce heat, and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Discard the cloves and cinnamon stick. Pour into a fondue pot. Keep warm over low flame. Serve with apple wedges.
- It is best to cut the apples wedges as you go so that they don't brown.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am going to use this spot to put some of my favorite cooking tips and tricks that don't really warrant going in as a recipe and so I don't lose them!!