Capsicum Dip for Cheese
This really is a capsicum jam, that you pour over cream cheese. It's great at parties, is easy to make, and tastes amazing.
- Ready In:
- 2 (125 g) cans diced red capsicums (use the liquid too)
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 500 g cream cheese (I would use 2 tubs of light Philly)
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a saucepan and simmer approximately 20 minutes until reduced to a jammy consistency.
- Pile the cheese on a serving platter and pour the dip over.
- Serve with crackers.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I made this for my sons 21st, and I must admit it was my personal favourite (and Im sure it was for the lady who came up to me mid evening wanting the recipe) I used a jar of roasted red peppers and chopped them up fine...it took about 40 minutes for it to get to the 'jammy' stage. It looked great too..if I hadnt been so busy with everything else Id've taken pics. YUM!Reply
I wasn't able to find cans of capsicums, so I used smoked/roasted red peppers instead. (This made my cook-time a little closer to 20 minutes than 20, but it was well worth the wait!) This is a delicious recipe! Very spicy and sweet... absolutely perfect with cream cheese & some fancy crackers :) Thanks so much for sharing it!Reply
see 1 more