Candied Sweet Potato Casserole
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1 (40 ounce) can sweet potatoes, drained
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped (optional)
- 1 -2 cup miniature marshmallow
- Combine the brown sugar, orange juice, butter and salt in a saucepan; bring to a boil and cook over low heat 5 minutes.
- Arrange the sweet potatoes in a shallow baking dish and pour the syrup over them.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 40-45 minutes, basting a few times, until glazed.
- Remove casserole from oven; stir gently to coat sweet potatoes wirh syrup.
- Top with pecans and marshmallows.
- Increase oven temperature to 400 degrees and bake for another 7-10 minutes or until marshmallows are golden brown.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I have always said I don't care for sweet potatoes, but others in our family do like them. I chose this recipe for our Thanksgiving meal, and it was a hit. My husband and youngest son stated it was the best they'd ever had, and I thought it was good too, This will definitely be on the menu in the future, Thank you for a great recipe!