- Ready In:
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 medium chopped onion
- chives, 1 stalk
- 4 ounces of diced pumpkin (optional)
- 10 okra, chopped
- 1 scotch bonnet pepper (red)
- 1 cup coconut milk (optional)
- 1 bunch dasheen leaves or 2 bunches spinach
- Clean the leaves and remove the skin from the stalks and tips, rinse and chop coarsely.
- In a large pot, add all the ingredients with 2 cups of water.If you are adding meat it can go in with with ingredients at this time.
- Cover the pot and let simmer for minutes on a medium heat, ensuring the pepper is visible all the time and does not burst or this would make it very spicy.
- Remove pepper and let cool.
- Using a swizzle stick gently puree to blend like a soup or until a smooth consistency a blender could also be used by on a low speed just for a few seconds.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!