Callaloo Coconut Ginger Rice
photo by Earthas Cooking
- Ready In:
- 3 cups Callaloo
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1 scotch bonnet pepper (use half or as desired)
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 3⁄4 cup coconut cream
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- sea salt, use as desired
- fresh ground pepper, use as desired
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups rice, washed (for this recipe I used long grained white rice)
- Using a large non-stick pot, add oil, onion, garlic, ginger, thyme, allspice, sea salt and ground pepper. Place the lid on the pot and cook ingredients for 4 minutes using medium heat.
- Add Callaloo to pot. Close lid and cook for 3 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add rice to pot and stir in with the other ingredients. Close lid and cook for another 5 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add coconut cream, scotch bonnet pepper, and just enough water to cover the rice. Cook on medium heat for 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for 15 minutes. Remove thyme sprigs and enjoy.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!