Calamondin Marmalade With a Kick
photo by Ambervim
- Ready In:
- 4 cups kumquats (replace with calamondin when they enter it)
- 4 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 lemon, juiced
- 2 jalapenos, finely chopped
- 1 habanero pepper, finely chopped
- Cut calamondins in half. Seed.
- Cover with water in a pot.
- Cook until fruit is soft.
- Cover and let stand overnight in fridge.
- Add sugar and mix.
- Add lemon juice and peppers.
- Bring to a boil. Boil 15 minutes, stirring constantly. MAX 20 minutes!
- Remove from heat and pour into sterilized jars.
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
As I am in South Florida, I have many edible fruits and perennial veggies in my yard. So, I like to cook with them.