Cajun Cauliflower Hash
photo by loof751
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (2 teaspoons)
- 2 cups cauliflower, diced (8 ounces)
- 1⁄4 cup celery, diced (1 stalk)
- 1 cup frozen hash brown potatoes (not patties)
- 3⁄4 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- Combine chili powder, thyme, salt, and pepper in small dish. Set aside.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, and sauté 3 to 4 minutes, or until onion is translucent. Add chili powder mixture, and cook 30 seconds.
- Add cauliflower, celery, and 1/3 cup water. Cover, and cook 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add potatoes and bell pepper. Cover, and cook 3 to 4 minutes, or until cauliflower is crisp-tender. Add 2 to 3 Tbs. water during cooking if mixture becomes dry. Remove from heat. Stir in parsley, and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!