Cafe Au Lait' Cheesecake
- Ready In:
- 2 cups butter cookies, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons coffee liqueur
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee, dissolved in
- 3 tablespoons hot water
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the butter cookie crumbs, sugar and butter.
- Blend well with pastry blender.
- Press the mixture into the bottom and sides of a well-buttered 10-inch springform pan. Chill in the freezer or fridge for about 30 minutes.
- Soften the gelatin in the 1/2 cup cold water.
- In a small saucepan, combine the egg yolks and sugar and gradually stir in the whipping cream.
- Cook the mixture over medium heat, stirring until thickened enough to coat a metal spoon.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the softened gelatin.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese until very smooth and creamy, then add the vanilla and continue to beat until very smooth and creamy.
- Add the gelatin mixture to the cheese mixture and beat until smooth.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or until the mixture is set.
- In separate small mixing bowls, whip the heavy cream and beat the egg whites until stiff, then fold both into the cream cheese mixture.
- In a small saucepan, heat the instant coffee dissolved in water, and the coffee liqueur, stirring until smooth.
- Add the coffee mixture to the cheese mixture and beat until very smooth and creamy.
- Pour into the chilled springform pan and refrigerate for 3 hours, or until cake is set and firm.
- Carefully remove the sides of the springform pan, transfer cake to a serving dish, and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!