Cabbage With Roasted Besan Flour
photo by Subhashni V.
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons besan flour
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 2 onions, cut into small pieces
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄4 tablespoon salt
- 500 g thinly sliced cabbage
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 6 curry leaves
- Heat a wok and in medium flame dry roast the besan flour carefully to golden brown without burning it and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Saute it with mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- After it splutters add the onions and fry till colour changes and now add the garlic and give a stir.
- Add salt and stir.
- Now add the cabbage.
- Don't add water or don't close the lid.
- Let the cabbage get cooked by stirring then and there for 10 minutes in medium flame.
- Now add the red chilly powder and mix well.
- Add the rosted besan flour and stir for a minute.
- Garnish with curry leaves.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a passionate food blogger specialized in making Traditional South Indian Recipes. I started learning cooking from my Grandma from the age of fifteen and she taught me three generations recipes which she learnt from her grand parents. She was alive till last year who was 99 years old. I feel responsible to transfer the traditional food to the younger generation too