Cabbage and Vegetable Curry
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 large white onion, sliced thin lengthwise
- 8 cups cabbage, slivered (about 1/2 a large head)
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 2 medium zucchini, trimmed and sliced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons mild curry paste (I use Patek's. this is not Thai curry paste)
- 3⁄4 cup peas, frozen
- Heat oil in a large deep skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and stir for one minute.
- Reduce heat to medium and add as much cabbage as will fit.
- Add chicken broth.
- Continue to add cabbage until it's all in the pan and cover the pan: stir occasionally. Cook about 10 minutes.
- Add succhini and curry paste, stirring in to blend.
- Cook on medium, uncovered, until the vegetables are almost tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add frozen peas and continue to cook until the vegetables are done and liquid has evaporated, about 5 minutes.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add chopped garlic and/or ginger.
- Substitute any vegetable other than the cabbage.
- Add some coconut milk near the end.
- Add fresh herbs such as cilantro and basil.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
"I was born in a small Canadian prairie town but was raised in the city. Country living appeals to me more and more and now I think I have the best of both worlds, living just outside the city but within a 30 minute drive from downtown. I enjoy the wildlife I see out my kitchen window and my vegetable and flower gardens in the summer. And I love cooking with the produce from my garden, although there always seems to be too much at once. Learning to can became a necessity with all those beautiful vegetables and I now really enjoy making pickles, relish, salsa, jams and whatever else strikes my fancy. I have 2 teenage sons and cooking to suit everyone's taste is always a challenge. Recipezaar has certainly made life easier in that regard, with so many great recipes to choose from. <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/pacbanner.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/200_PACpic.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"> <img src="http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e347/Saturn6666/KiwiDutch/3chefstag1.jpg"> <img src="http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b280/carolinamoon21/TasteofYellow.jpg"> <img src="http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b280/carolinamoon21/Derfcookathon.jpg"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/smPACp.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"> <img src="http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b280/carolinamoon21/personal/FRENCH-foodfun.jpg"> <img src="http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/1956/holidaylightssticker.jpg"> <img src="http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b280/carolinamoon21/Ingredients/Other/photo-swap-7sticky.jpg"> <img src="http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/1956/SoupsandsaladSTICKER.jpg"> <img src="http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/1956/PotLuckSTICKER.jpg"> <img src="http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/237330/CameraLesschef-STICKER.jpg"> <img src="http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/237330/TEXMEXstickr.jpg"> <img src="http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s124/Cookin-jo/banners%20and%20stickers/piggysticker.jpg">"
Join The Conversation
I loved this veggie combinatin; so many different textures! This was simple and very healthy. I used a homemade curry powder for the paste (same amount). The only thing I added was some garlic. There's many other veggies that you could add to this, but it's wonderful just as it is. Thanx for a great veggie curry!