Butterscotch Gingerbread Cookies
- Ready In:
4 1/2 dozen cookies
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄3 cup molasses
- 1 2⁄3 cups nestle toll house butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and salt in small bowl.
- Beat butter, sugar, egg and molasses in large mixer bowl until creamy. Gradually beat in flour mixture until well blended. Stir in morsels. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire rack to cool completely.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a 56 year old Gramma that, for the first time in my life, has purchase myself a computer, and I didn't know what i was missing!! <br> <br>I have a husband tha I adore, and 4 grandchildren that of course surpass all others - lol - I am disabled, and am an at home person, so I have a lot of time on my hands, to play with my recipes, and I am enjoying every bit of it - <br>My husband will eat anything that I cook, so I have carte blanche as far as that goes, so I have a great time trying out new recipes. <br> <br>Paula Deen has published some of my favorite cookbooks, her recipes are easy and quick to do. Her sweets are fantastics, especially her pound cakes, Yummm <br> <br>I guess the dish that I am famous for is my Christmas ham - my family all comes home for Christmas, and if i don't have my ham they are dissapointed, and my grandson wants the pistachio squares!!! so I guess that is the dishes that I'm famous for.