Butternut Squash and Turmeric Soup
photo by Bonnie G #2
- Ready In:
- Peel the squash and cut into large chunks.
- In a medium size pot, add the squash, water and remaining ingredients. Cook for about 20 minutes or until the squash is fork tender.
- Using a serving size spoon or scoop, collect all the squash chunks as well as the other ingredients and add to a blender cup. Don't collect any of the liquid, only what comes in the scoop along with the ingredients. Reserve the broth for another soup base, or chicken base. Because the butternut squash contains a lot of liquid, you will not need to add any extra from the broth, although the broth is a tasty base for other recipes.
- Blend in high speed for about 45 seconds. I used a Vitamix. Depending on your machine you may need to blend for a little longer, until smooth.
- Serve hot with your choice of topping. Refrigerate for up to 4 days.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>As of 6-14-2013 DH will be completing his tour in Trinidad, which has been a wonderful adventure; and returning home to Dayton, WA. We'll miss all our friends and time there, but looking forward to enjoying home life on the ranch for awhile, while we see what the next adventure might bring.</p> 8726453"