Coconut, Ginger, Cauliflower, Turmeric Soup
photo by Bonnie G #2
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 ripe tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 medium head cauliflower, stemmed and cut into bite-size florets
- 1 jalapeno, stemmed, seeded, chopped
- 1 cup chopped kale
- 2 teaspoons ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 15 ounces full-fat unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Add cumin seeds to preheated coconut oil until the oil starts to pop.
- Add onions and cook for one minute.
- Add tomatoes and cook until softened.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, stir.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve and enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>As of 6-14-2013 DH will be completing his tour in Trinidad, which has been a wonderful adventure; and returning home to Dayton, WA. We'll miss all our friends and time there, but looking forward to enjoying home life on the ranch for awhile, while we see what the next adventure might bring.</p> 8726453"