photo by Chef Gorete
- Ready In:
- 2 cups solid white vegetable shortening
- 2 teaspoons vanilla, extract*
- 7 -8 tablespoons water or 7 -8 tablespoons milk
- 1 kg confectioners' sugar (icing, approx. 8 cups)
- 2 tablespoons wilton meringue powder
- 1 pinch salt (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa or 6 ounces unsweetened chocolate squares, melted and cooled
- 4 -6 tablespoons water
- Cream shortening , flavoring & water. Add dry ingredients and mix on medium speed until all ingredients have been thoroughly mixed together.
- Blend an additional minute or so, until creamy. If too hard, add more water a tablespoon at a time until the desired consistency is reached.
- Makes enough buttercream to frost 36 cupcakes.
- For the Chocolate Buttercream, add the additional ingredients as the recipe calls for.
- * Any flavours/extracts may be used to suit your taste.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I was born in the Azores in Portugal, but have lived in Canada for the majority of my life. Baking is my passion, so I'm always looking for some easy and great tasting recipes....this site is perfect for it.