Buffalo Chicken Tostone Sandwiches
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup buffalo wing sauce (Frank's)
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 rotisserie chicken, breast meat shredded
- 2 tablespoons sliced scallions
- 2 avocados
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 4 green plantains, peeled and cut in half
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 2 tomatoes, sliced thin
- 1 red onion, halved and sliced into thin half moons
- 1 cup fresh cilantro stem
- kosher salt
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, combine wing sauce, ghee and red wine vinegar. Fold in shredded chicken, scallions and season with salt and pepper to taste. In a medium bowl, mash avocados with lime juice, salt and pepper; set aside.
- Heat coconut oil in a medium skillet over medium high heat. Working in batches, fry the plantains until golden and cooked through, about 3-4 minutes per side. Remove from oil and smash to flatten with a mallet or small fry pan. Return plantain to oil and cook another 2-3 minutes to crisp. Remove from oil, drain on a towel-lined plate and season with salt. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- To assemble, top a plantain with chicken, shredded lettuce, sliced tomatoes, sliced onions smashed avocados and sprigs cilantro. Top with another plantain and cut in half to serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hungry for good food AND great conversation? Food.com boasts a smorgasbord of over 500,000 recipes and a community-inspired activity feed that allows our users to add reviews, tweaks, questions and photos to their favorite recipes. Grab a plate and join the fun!