Buckwheat Breakfast Muffins
photo by Erika #3
- Ready In:
- 1 cup buckwheat groats, soaked
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1⁄4 cup flax seed meal
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups almond milk
- 1⁄4 cup almond butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons powdered stevia
- 1 tablespoon alcohol free vanilla
- In a medium bowl, soak buckwheat groats with a pinch of salt overnight or about 6 to 7 hours. Drain and rinse groats thoroughly with fresh water, drain again.
- Preheat oven to 375 F, brush a 12 cup muffin tin generously with oil, set aside.
- In a large bowl, add buckwheat groats, coconut flakes, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, flaxseed meal, cinnamon and salt, stir to combine.
- In a small bowl, add eggs, almond milk, almond butter, stevia and alcohol free vanilla, whisk until frothy.
- Pour liquid ingredients into bowl with dry ingredients, stir to combine. Scoop about ⅓ cup muffin mixture into each cup of the prepared muffin tin. Bake muffins for about 15 to 20 minutes or until muffins have browned around the edges and are firm to the touch. Cool muffins in tin for about 10 minutes.
- Serve warm with coconut milk, a dusting of cinnamon and a garnish of coconut flakes, walnuts and pumpkin seeds.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!