B's Cinnamon Sugar Italian Doughnut
photo by Brigitte
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 2mins
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- vegetable oil, for frying
- olive oil, for frying
- 1 lb prepared pizza dough
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Add dough ingredients to machine bread pan in order as per 1. manufacturer's instructions.
- Set to"dough" mode.
- Pour equal parts of vegetable oil and olive oil into a large frying pan to reach a depth of 2 inches. Heat the oil over medium heat until a deep-fry thermometer registers 375 degrees F.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface to 1/2-inch thickness. Using a floured 2-inch cookie cutter, cut out doughnut rounds. Using a floured 1-inch cookie cutter, cut out a hole in the center of each doughnut. Gather the dough scraps and re-roll to cut out more doughnuts.
- Whisk the sugar and cinnamon in a medium bowl to blend. Set the cinnamon-sugar aside.
- When the oil is hot, working in batches, fry the doughnuts until they puff but are still pale, about 45 seconds per side. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the doughnuts to paper towels to drain. Cool slightly. While the doughnuts are still warm, add to the bowl with cinnamon-sugar and generously coat with the cinnamon-sugar. Serve warm.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I LOVE cooking! I am an entrepreneur and love to support women! Founder and CEO of Women Talk and mother of two my life is extremely busy. Cooking beautiful food is my meditation to me. It grounds me and brings me great joy. My next adventure is a cookbook Women TALK and COOK. A Recipe And A Life Lesson From Our Mothers" check it out on my website!