Brussels Sprouts With Pecans & Honey
From TOH magazine. Love Brussels sprouts and this is a way of making them even more special. Can substitute unsweetened apple juice for the wine if you prefer. These have a sweet taste to them so if you arn't a fan of that, probably not for you. But my family loved it
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup pecan halves, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh Brussels sprouts, halved
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400. Place pecans in a 10 inch oven proof skillet. Bake until lightly browned, stirring occasionally, 5-7 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- In same pan, heat butter and oil over medium high heat. Add Brussels sprouts; cook and stir until crisp tender, 8-10 minutes. Stir in brown sugar, sherry and cream until blened. Top with pecans, drizzle with honey.
- Bake uncovered, until sprouts are browned and tender; about 8-10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with pepper before serving.