Brussels Sprouts in Soy Sauce
- Ready In:
- 1 lb fresh Brussels sprout
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- Trim Brussels sprouts, removing excess stem and old or damaged outer leaves. Cut sprouts in half length-wise.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over high heat and add sprouts. Stir fry 1 to 2 minutes until sprouts have lightly browned.
- Turn heat to low, allow pan to cool for a minute, and then add soy sauce. Add a small amount of water only if all liquid boils off immediately. Cover immediately. Ensure there is enough liquid in the pan to produce some steam to help cook the sprouts.
- Allow to steam over low heat until done. Typically 10 minutes, but time will vary depending on size of sprouts and whether you like them al dente or soft.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm an American male, retired along with my wife in the high country of northern England. I love cooking, gardening and spending the occasional social evening in the local pub. I've just been here since April 2007 so I'm still learning about how veg are grown in the north of England (very different from the states). My goal is to cook and eat seasonal produce from my own garden as much as possible. I love finding new/unusual recipes for making delicious meals from the food in my pantry. I hate recipes that require lots of special purchases at the food store - especially since the local village shops don't offer much in the way of exotic foodstuffs!