Brownie Mix S'mores
- Ready In:
- unsalted butter, for the pan
- flour, for the pan (or use cocoa)
- 1 (20 ounce) package brownie mix (or any box labeled for a 9x13-inch pan)
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature, lightly beaten
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 10 -12 whole graham crackers (2-1/4 X 5 inches)
- Position the rack in the lower third of the oven.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter and flour 9x13 inch pan (I like to use cocoa when baking anything chocolate, that way you don't have any white flour on it).
- Place brownie mix, beaten eggs, melted butter,and milk in a large bowl.
- Stir with a wooden spoon until smooth.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out with a few moist crumbs attached.
- Place pan on a wire rack.
- Maintain oven temperature.
- The moment the pan is out of the oven sprinkle the mini-marshmallows over the top.
- Then cover with graham crackers, breaking some as necessary to cover the entire pan.
- Place pan back in oven and bake for 2 minutes, to melt the marshmallows.
- Remove pan from oven and gently press the graham crackers down into the melted topping-be careful; it's very HOT.
- Cool the pan completely on a wire rack.
- Then turn it over to unmold the brownies onto a cutting board.
- Place a wire rack on the top and invert once again (so that the graham crackers are back on top).
- Cut into 24 pieces.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This recipe is very easy to follow. It looks more complicated than it is. The brownies really do taste like smore's. The graham crackers get softened after it sets a while. And the marshmallow layer is good, but a little thin. I will put more marshmallows on next time. I will make this again at Christmas for all the brownie/smore lovers!