Broccoli Nicoise Salad
- Ready In:
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 3 medium potatoes, cooked and diced
- 12 lettuce leaves
- 2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, cut into wedges
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup black olives, pitted and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Cook or steam broccoli until tender-crisp, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Drain and plunge into cold water then drain well and place in bowl.
- Combine potatoes with broccoli.
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, mustard, basil, salt and pepper until well combined.
- Drizzle about 1/3 of the dressing over broccoli and potato mixture and gently toss to coat.
- To serve, arrange lettuce leaves on individual plates and top with broccoli mixture, tomatoes, eggs, bacon and olive on lettuce and drizzle with remaining dressing.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
A nice variation on a traditional niÃ§oise salad! I thought the dressing was really nice, and that's probably the most important part; I added some dried thyme and herbes de Provence. As for the rest of the salad, I put in some steamed green beans, left out the bacon, added an extra hard-boiled egg, used fingerling potatoes, and served it over spring greens and baby lettuces, with halved campari and mandarin tomatoes. That's the fun thing about salads, you can customize them to bits! Very colorful, nice flavor, and definitely a recipe I'd make again.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
This is me on the beach (at sunrise) from a southern vacation a few years ago. After loosing more than 50 pounds I am not so shy about bathing suits, beaches or pools as I used to be.