Broccoli Cheese Soup
photo by True Texas
- Ready In:
- Cook broccoli in separate sauce pan. I cooked the onions with the broccoli. Drain and set aside.
- In a large dutch oven add milk, Velveeta cheese chunks and softened cream cheese. Cook until melted.
- Note: this is a very rick soup and I use a little more than 2 cups of milk, to thin it some.
- Mix the flour with the chicken broth and add to the melted cheeses.
- Add the cooked broccoli and onions to cheese.
- Season with salt, pepper and garlic salt.
- Continue to cook until all is well blended.
- Note: There were no cooking instructions so this is pretty much how I cook it. You may want to change it up the way you put the ingredient together, but this worked well.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I wanted a quick soup to make after work and to feed my husband, our younger son, and my brother in law. Well I received RAVE review for this soup. When I finally was able to sit down to eat I agreed with them. Not only is this soup simple but excellent in taste. Thank you for a quick and wonderful recipe. I will be making this often.