photo by *Parsley*
- Ready In:
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1 (1 ounce) packet ranch dressing mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄4 cup seasoned dry bread crumb (optional)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place broccoli in greased shallow baking dish.
- In medium bowl, whisk together salad dressing mix, sour cream, and milk.
- Drizzle 3/4 cup dressing mixture over broccoli (reserve remaining dressing for another use).
- Top with cheese.
- Cover loosely with foil.
- Bake until heated through 15 to 20 minutes. If desired, combine breadcrumbs and butter. Sprinkle on top of casserole during last 5 minutes of baking; do not cover with foil.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Great way to make broccoli. The ranch flavor just goes so well with this vegetable. I realize that not all of the ranch sauce gets used, but I still think the amounts as written need adjusting. I doubled the broccoli (I used 1 1/2 lbs of fresh steamed to be exact). One cup of milk seemed like way to much, so I only used 1/2 cup and I'm glad I did. I used all of the sauce (remember I doubled the broccoli) and it was still a bit liquidy. I recommend at least doubling the broccoli and halving the milk. Something like chopped onions or waterchestnuts might be nice, too. I liked the buttered breadcrumb topping. Yum! Will make again with my adjustments. Thanx!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am 30 years old. I am married and have a wonderful family. My hubbie is the greatest. We have a 2 1/2 year old little girl. Her name is Lizzie Belle. I have pics if anyone wants to see. I work for a bank in Brandon, MS. My hubbie is a police officer in Jackson. I have a great cookbook that is called "Any Blonde Can Cook". It is awesome. I love to cook...when I have the time. My family keeps me pretty busy though. I enjoy reading books, going to the movies, traveling, spending time with my family, cooking, playing with Lizzie Belle, tanning, and getting my nails done.