Broccoli Beef Stir Fry
photo by College Inn
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄4 cups plus about 1/4 cup college inn fat free & lower sodium beef broth
- 5 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1 lb top sirloin beef or 1 lb flank steak, sliced into thin strips
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1⁄2 medium onion, sliced into thin strips
- hot cooked asian-style noodles or rice
- chopped peanuts
- sliced green onion
- cilantro, chopped
- For Sauce, combine 1 1/4 cups broth, cornstarch, soy sauce, ginger, garlic and red pepper flakes in a pint-size jar with lid; shake well and set aside.
- For Stir Fry, heat a dry 12-inch skillet over high heat 1 minute (medium-high if using non-stick). Add sliced meat in an even layer. Cook, without stirring, 2 minutes. Stir once, then continue cooking until liquid evaporates and meat starts to brown on edges and stick to pan, about 3 to 5 minutes, stirring only one or two more times. If pan becomes dry, add broth 1 tablespoon at a time. Meat may still be slightly pink in center.
- Add broccoli, onion and 2 tablespoons broth. Stir until vegetables are hot, about 3 minutes, adding additional broth 1 tablespoon at a time, as needed, if pan becomes dry.
- Shake sauce mixture again, checking that cornstarch is fully incorporated, and pour into skillet. Simmer, 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until sauce is thickened and vegetables are desired doneness. Serve over hot rice or noodles with toppings, as desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!