Brie & Bacon Omelet (Treasure Trove #10)
My treasure trove of long-lost, but newly found recipes will soon be exhausted. I am down to the last few that happen to all be breakfast dishes that esp appeal to me. As w/many of the others, I have no clue about the orig source of this recipe. (Times have been estimated. Prep time includes time to prepare ingredients & crisp the bacon. Cook time refers to cooking the omelets only.) Enjoy!
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons green onions (chopped)
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 ounces brie cheese (skin removed & chopped)
- 4 slices bacon (cooked crisp & crumbled)
- 3 tablespoons pecans (chopped)
- Over med-low heat, melt butter in a 10-in ovenproof skillet or omelet pan, tilting pan to coat bottom & sides. Saute onion till tender (about 3 min).
- While onion is cooking, combine eggs, milk & pepper.
- Increase heat to med-high. Pour egg mixture into skillet & cook till edges begin to set.
- Using a fork, gently pull edges of the eggs away from the sides of the pan so the uncooked egg mixture flows under the cooked edges. Continue till most of the egg mixture is set & the surface of the omelet is just slightly wet.
- Sprinkle cheese, bacon & nuts over the top of the omelet. Fold in half, cut into 2 pieces & serve immediately.
- NOTE: Brie cheese & fresh fruit are often paired & serving this omelet w/your choice of fresh fruit was suggested.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
What a special omelet, I love melted brie so knew this was going to be a winner. Made this for a special breakfast on DH's first day home from his job in the Netherlands and he thought it was great. I have a lot of trouble turning omelets so I followed the recipe exactly up until the turning part - then I put it in a pre-heated oven (400F) and finished off the top that way (took only about 5 minutes) and then removed it and flipped it - piece of cake and looked real pretty too and as an added benefit insured that the cheese was melted through. Took your advise on fresh fruit and served with tree ripened peach slices and fresh brewed hot coffee. YUM; thanks twissis, never thought of this combo but really enjoyed it.
Wow, what a great omelet. I also served with slices of orange. The fruit added a lovely tang to the delicious omelet. All the ingredients blended perfectly together and the textures were excellent, soft tender egg, crispy bacon, toasted nuts, the mellow brie and savory onions. I will be making this quick and easy omelet often. Thanks for sharing another 5 * winner my twisted sister.