Briami Ala Bergy (Vegetable Casserole)
photo by Kathy228
- Ready In:
- 1hr 45mins
- 2 lbs zucchini, cut in 1/2-inch slices
- 1 lb potato, cut in 1/2-inch slices
- 2 green sweet peppers, membrane and seeds removed and coarsely chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes (peel if you wish)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white sugar
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons fresh dill or 2 teaspoons fennel
- 1⁄4 cup lite olive oil (or virgin)
- dill (for garnish) or fennel (for garnish)
- Mix together the garlic, tomatoes and sugar.
- Oil an oven dish large enough to hold all the ingredients.
- Place some onion on the bottom of the dish.
- Mix zucchini, potatoes and peppers.
- Add a layer on top of the onions.
- Top with some of the tomato mixture.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Sprinkle some of the herbs on top and drizzle with the oil.
- Continue layering until all ingredients have been used ending with a layer of the herbs and drizzle with oil (this may be 3-4 layers depending on the depth and size of your dish).
- Cover and cook in a 350°F oven for 1-1 1/2 hours.
- Uncover for the last 15 minutes.
- Garnish with herbs on the side and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!