Brewton Blueberry Cobbler
- Ready In:
- 1hr 45mins
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 6 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Using a pastry blender, mix first three ingredients (of crust) together until shortening is the size of peas.
- Quickly mix in other ingredients.
- Work quickly and do not overmix.
- Roll out pie crust and place in a metal sheet cake pan.
- (Glass pans will stick.) Crust will extend on all sides.
- Dredge fresh, washed blueberries in sugar, cinnamon and cornstarch and place in pan.
- (Blueberries should come to top of pan.).
- Sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Fold crust over top of cobbler.
- Bake at 350° for 1 1/2 hours or until filling is bubbling and crust is golden brown.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm an educational specialist with my own assistive technology company. That means that we specialize in computer and technology products for those who are low vision, blind, physically challenged or learning impaired. I'm retired from teaching special education in the public schools (LD). My husband is blind so we often cook together. We search for good recipes on the Internet. I love reading recipes and going to neat recipe sites like Recipezaar. My background is Midwest Dutch-American. I actually grew up in Western Michigan but settled in the South after college. Besides cooking together, my husband and I enjoy traveling, reading the latest fiction and using computers. We're cat-people. We have twenty-two inside. We have no children.