Packed with great ingredients along with a little heat, this flavorful dish is sure to wake up your taste buds... VIDEO https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=notzZrOKBXA
- Ready In:
- 1 cup avocado, diced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄3 cup roma tomato, seeded and diced
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 lb chorizo sausage, casings removed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup poblano pepper, diced
- 3⁄4 cup red pepper, diced
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups monterey jack jalapeno cheese, grated
- 6 flour tortillas
- 1 tablespoon clarified butter
- To make the salsa, combine all the ingredients in a small bowl; gently stir and set aside.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, add chorizo and cook until browned, stirring often, about 7 to 8 minutes. Remove meat with a slotted spoon and transfer to a plate lined with paper towel; set aside.
- In another skillet over medium heat, add butter and when melted and sizzling, add peppers; sauté until almost soft, about 3 minutes. Add beaten eggs and season with black pepper and hot sauce. Cook a minute before adding cheese; stir until melted and eggs cooked, about 2 minutes.
- Spoon egg mixture in the middle on each tortilla followed with chorizo and then salsa. Fold in the sides and roll over, keeping in tight.
- Using a panini press, brush the bottom with clarified butter over medium heat. When hot, place burritos, seam side down, and cover with the lid. Cook them until golden brown, about 2 ½ to 3 minutes. Flip them over, place lid on top and cook for another 2 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately. Makes 4 burritos.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation